Senior Engineer (Data Team) - .NET / C#
These roles are based in Ireland (Dublin), Romania (Brasov) and Greece (Thessaloniki). You must be a resident of and eligible to work in at least one of these countries to apply for the role.
Using cutting-edge cloud technology to build a variety of value-adding eCommerce products for our clients is key to our current & future business strategy.
ChannelSight’s Data Team is now looking for a talented, experienced & self-motivated developer to join us and help us deliver on that vision. We pride ourselves on the quality of the products & solutions that we build for our customers, which are now available in over 70 countries world wide.
Our platform is hosted on the Microsoft Azure cloud platform and we use technologies like SQL Azure, Serverless Azure Functions, Cosmos DB, Azure Synapse Analytics and MVC & Web API solutions to build and bring our Buy Now and other Digital Shelf products to market. In 2022, our technology roadmap will focus on the continued expansion of our core data services, while introducing major investments in big-data analytics and business intelligence insights.
We delight in the quality of our team and the high bar which we set for ourselves. The successful candidate will be a passionate full-stack developer with a focus on Data specific topics. They will enjoy working on a variety of project types in fast-paced agile engineering team where continuous learning is paramount.
- Design & develop the next generation of cloud hosted products to our clients.
- Work in an agile team following the agile SCRUM methodology and actively participate in that process.
- Deliver high quality, tested, peer-reviewed code through our Git/CI/DevOps process and take an active role in that process to ensure that quality is maintained throughout the team.
- Take ownership of the end-to-end delivery of component and product releases.
- Show continuous improvement of your skills and a willingness to constantly learn and work with the latest and greatest cloud technologies.
- Demonstrate your pride and ownership of the end-to-end product, while maintaining an extremely high quality definition for “Done”.
- 8+ years commercial experience using C# (.NET Framework or .NET Core).
- Excellent knowledge of OOP, OO design, SOLID principles and modern .NET programming patterns.
- Strong Experience developing with SQL Server both using T-SQL and ORMs such as Entity Framework.
- Hands on experience building ETL data pipelines.
- Some experience with Data Warehouse technology or a firm understanding of key data warehouse concepts such as star-schema design.
- Develop functional and non-functional requirements in collaboration with our product owners.
- Mentor more junior members of the team, championing agile delivery processes and end-to-end quality.
- Take an active role in the continued improvement of the various processes and services which support our engineering team (Platform automation, DevOps processes, Agile processes etc.).
Desirable Skills & Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related STEM field of study.
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure Cloud platform and associated data resources (SQL Azure, Synapse, Data Factory, Stream Analytics, Azure Data Lakes).
- Experience working with Google Looker or another reporting visualization platform.